While Book4Time translates all system generated content viewed by guests, any predefined user content such as service names or descriptions are not translated. Therefore, language translation allows you to translate all predefined content as well. This allows you to configure receipts, emails, online booking, and gift cards to appear in one language.
Note: In order to use this area, at least one supported language must have been selected from the Supported Languages area within Global Preferences. In addition, you must have the "Translation Management" security setting enabled under the Admin security group in order to be able to access this area.
To access this module: Navigate to Admin > Translation Management.
The following screen appears.
There are five major sections in this module:
- General: This section contains all the items that need to be translated that appear in multiple places within guest-facing content. For example, services would appear in this area because they appear in emails, receipts, online booking and online gift cards.
- Online Booking: This section is used to translate all user-generated content specifically pertaining to the online booking module.
- Online Gift Cards: This section is used to translate all user-generated content specifically pertaining to the online gift card module.
- Emails: This section allows you to translate all the emails that are generated from Book4Time into the various languages that are supported by the property.
- Receipts: This section is used to translate user-generated content that can appear on receipts, such as disclaimers.
To translate content, follow these steps:
- Expand or select the section on the left that contains the content you would like to translate.
- Select what you would like to translate.
- The area on the right will update with a translate table. The first column is always the English equivalent or item that is being translated. The next column(s) are the areas you fill in the translated equivalent.
- Using the drop-down in the top-right corner of the page, you can switch between the languages that you support.
- Ensure to save your changes.
Note: Book4Time provides the tools that allow you to translate your content into different languages. However, we do not validate the accuracy of the translation, this is the responsibility of the user entering it.