If a purchase order was created and the shipment has arrived, use Inventory Receiving to update the system with the new quantities.
To use Inventory Receiving:
- From the main menu, navigate to Inventory > Inventory Receiving.
- The Search By field defaults to Vendor Name for All Vendors. Which means you can view all open purchase orders by Vendor name. To select a specific vendor, select the Vendor name in the For field.
To search for purchase orders by P.O. number, select P.O. Number from the Search By drop-down list and enter the P.O number in the For field.
- Click Search.
- Click the relevant purchase order from the list.
The order information displays on the right side of the screen.
- Review and click Receive.
The Inventory Receiving window opens displaying a list of all items to be received.
- Select one of the following options:
- If all items listed on the purchase order have arrived, click Receive All.
- If only partial quantities of the items are received, manually enter the quantity received in the Receive column next to each item. The status will automatically Back Ordered. ClickAccept.
Note: The status can be manually changed to Closed if the remaining quantities will not be shipped.
- The following prompt appears: "Do you wish to print an inventory receipt". Click Yes to print or No to continue without printing.
- The following prompt appears: "Do you wish to print the SKU label now?". Click Yes to print or No to continue without printing.
The revised purchase order information displays. If all items are received, the purchase order status updates to Closed. If there are items on back order the purchase order status remains Open (so that the remaining items can be received at a later time).