If there is a difference between the product countand the count of products showing in the system, you can perform a manual adjustment to correct the difference. Inventory adjustments are used to record a physical count, spot check, or to deduct defective, or expired goods from inventory.
To perform an Inventory Adjustment:
- From the main menu, navigate to Inventory > Inventory Adjustment.
- [Optional] Provide additional information about the adjustment in the Note field.
- Click Insert to add a row to the table.
- Enter the SKU number in the SKU # field or click the search icon to look and select the product SKU.
After you have found and selected the product, the item description and on-hand quantity automatically appear in the Inventory Adjustment window.
- Select the appropriate Adjustment Type. Select In to increase the on-hand quantity. Select Out to decrease the on-hand quantity.
- Enter in the Quantity field the difference between the system on-hand quantity and the physical count quantity.
- Select the Reason Type from the drop-down list.
Note: You can customize the Reason Type from Admin > Account Management > System Settings > Inventory Settings > Adjustment Reasons. Read: Inventory Adjustment Reasons
- [Optional] Add a comment for the product adjustment in the Comments field.
- Repeat steps 2 to 7 to add the additional products you need to adjust.
- Click Accept to confirm the adjustment.