To ensure that all transactions are billed correctly at the POS, you can create a Tax Type and apply it to individual services or products.
Note: You must first create a tax group and then define the tax by following the steps below.
To create a new Tax Type
- Navigate to Admin > System Settings > Expand POS Settings > Click Tax Type.
- Enter the name of the tax type in the Description field.
- In the Tax Rate field, enter the tax rate.
- [Only for VAT inclusive regions] Tax Included in Price: Select the checkbox if you use a tax-inclusive setup.
Read: Setup VAT Inclusive and VAT Exclusive Tax Types
- [Only for regions that include tax in Price] Hide on Receipts: Select to hide the tax type on receipts. This checkbox is editable only if the above Tax Included in Price checkbox is selected.
Read: Hide Tax on Receipts
- [Optional] If the tax applies only after a certain value is spent, then enter that amount in the Threshold field.
- Click Add.
The new tax type gets added to the list of receipts.
Note: Refer to your Accounting Department for the Tax Code and the BOF Code.