Before beginning the installation process, ensure that the Windows user is logged in as the Administrator for the computer.
With the new POS Installation package, the installation process is broken down in to the following steps:
- Add the following Book4Time domain to the Trusted Sites list:
- Click Custom level… and enable the following ActiveX settings:
- Allow Scriptlets
- Download Signed ActiveX Controls
- Download Unsigned ActiveX Controls
- Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting
- Access data sources across domains
- Navigate windows and frames across different domains
Note: After enabling the ActiveX controls, close Internet Explorer completely, and then reopen it.
- Open Book4Time and navigate to Front Desk > Cash Drawer Management.
- Click the Book4Time POS Installation package link.
- Click the first Install button to install the .Net framework needed to run the application.
Use the following link in order to download the file on the register computer:
Extract the file to the Desktop and run the Setup application. Step through the install wizard and complete the installation process.
- Click the second Install button in order to launch the installation wizard.
Note: If for any reason you need direct access to the installation wizard, you can navigate to it using this link: http://aws.book4time.com/Book4Time/lib/posreceipt/install.htm
The setup is now complete. Return to Book4Time and navigate back to Front Desk > Cash Drawer Management. If successful, you will be greeted with a success message. If you are returned to the setup page, double check the ActiveX settings as well as the computer may need to be restarted.
Update the Receipt Template as follows to ensure that you can print receipts:
- Navigate to Admin > System Setting > POS Settings > Receipts.
- Change the Receipt Template to New Receipt Group.
- Navigate to Admin > Account Management > Locations > Select your location > Click the Register Setup tab.
- Click Attach next to an existing register or create a new one for your computer. Once attached, click the Edit link and select the receipt printer from the drop-down:
Note: If the drop- downs are grayed out and not displaying any options, you will need to manually install the RawDataPrinter ActiveX setting. The file can be downloaded by clicking the following link:
Once installed, restart the browser. You should now be able to view your installed printers.