Before beginning the installation process, ensure that the Windows user is logged in as the Administrator for the computer.
With the new POS Installation package, the installation process is broken down in to the following steps:
- Add the following Book4Time domain to the Trusted Sites list:
- Click Custom level… and enable the following ActiveX settings:
- Allow Scriptlets
- Download Signed ActiveX Controls
- Download Unsigned ActiveX Controls
- Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting
- Access data sources across domains
- Navigate windows and frames across different domains
- Disable Use Pop-up Blocker
- Click on Privacy tab and ensure "Turn on Pop-Up Blocker" is unchecked
Note: After enabling the ActiveX controls, close Internet Explorer completely, and then reopen it.
- Open Book4Time and navigate to Admin-> Account Management-> Locations-> your location-> Register Setup, either attach to an existing register or create a new one.
a. Please note, after attaching to a register, the Computer Name field will become cached in the browser. For this reason, if you mistakenly attach to the wrong register you will need to clear your browsing history before attaching to a new register.
b. When entering the computer name field, make sure the Computer Name of the computer you are on correctly matches the name in the B4T field.
The setup is now complete. Return to Book4Time and navigate back to Front Desk > Cash Drawer Management. If successful, you will be greeted with a success message. If you are returned to the setup page, double check the ActiveX settings as well as the computer may need to be restarted.
Update the Receipt Template as follows to ensure that you can print receipts:
- Navigate to Admin > System Setting > POS Settings > Receipts.
- Change the Receipt Template to New Receipt Group.
- Navigate to Admin > Account Management > Locations > Select your location > Click the Register Setup tab.
- Click Attach next to an existing register or create a new one for your computer. Once attached, click the Edit link and select the receipt printer from the drop-down:
Note: If the drop- downs are grayed out and not displaying any options, you will need to manually install the following;
Install for all users on PC.
Once installed, restart the browser. You should now be able to view your installed printers.