If you are unable to post room charges from a computer which was previously set up to perform this task, follow the below instructions to troubleshoot this issue.
Based on the issue, click the appropriate link to troubleshoot:
- Unable to post from one specific computer at the location
- Unable to post from any computer at the location
Troubleshooting for a single computer
- Go to your browsers Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Trusted Sites and click Sites.
- Add the following websites to the list of Trusted Sites and click Close.
- Click Custom level... and Enable the following ActiveX settings:
- Allow Scriptlets
- Download Signed ActiveX Controls
- Download Unsigned ActiveX Controls
- Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting
- Access data sources across domains
- Navigate windows and frames across different domains
If you are still unable to post from the same computer, try logging into another Windows profile on the same PC.
Troubleshooting for all computers
- Ensure the PMS URL is accessible from the register computer. You can find your PMS URL from the Admin > Account Management > Interface > Location > PMS menu.
- Copy the PMS URL, paste it into your browser, and attempt to go to the page. You should see a screen as follows:
- If you cannot see this screen, and instead see a 'Page cannot be displayed' message or the browser hangs when attempting to load the page, contact your IT administrator and have the Book4Time PMS Communications Service restarted.
This Windows system service is installed only on the server identified in the PMS URL. Have your IT administrator log into this server, and restart the service as follows:
- After the service is restarted, check the PMS URL from the register computer again, if you still do not see the screen (previous) there may be an issue reaching the server from the register computer. Contact your local IT administrator to help resolve this issue.
- If the page loads, attempt to post a room charge again. Clear all browser history and cache if you are still unable to do so.