A product subclass is the second level of product classification and is used to further define your inventory into groups. For instance, if the product class is "Retail", the product subclasses might include Hair, Body, Apparel, and Home.
To add a product subclass:
- Navigate to Admin > System Settings > Inventory Settings > Product Class.
- Click the name of the product class.
- Click Add New Product Sub-Class.
The Class Name field is predefined based on the Product Class selected in step 2.
- In the Sub-class Description field, enter the name of the product sub-class.
- In the Code field, enter the code for the product sub-class.
- [Optional] In the Default Points Per Dollar field, enter the number of loyalty points rewarded to the guest upon purchasing the product.
- Click Finish.