A Product Sub-Class is the second level of product classification and is used to further define your inventory into groups. For instance, if the product class is "Retail," the product sub-classes might include Hair, Body, Apparel, and Home.
To add a product subclass:
- Navigate to Admin > System Settings > Inventory Settings > Product Class.
- Click the name of the product class.
- Click Add New Product Sub-Class.
The Class Name field is predefined based on the Product Class selected in step 2.
- In the Sub-class Description field, enter the name of the product sub-class.
- In the Code field, enter the code for the product sub-class.
- [Optional] In the Default Points Per Dollar field, enter the number of loyalty points rewarded to the guest upon purchasing the product.
- Click Finish.