The Sales Summary By Product Type report provides a summary of the sales for each product type and breaks the sales out by the product sub-classes that are set up within that product type. You can filter the report for a location and specific date or date range.
The report provides the following details:
- Total quantity of the product sold (excludes returns).
- Gross sales amount (includes discounts).
- Discount amount applied to the sale such as membership discount or a coupon.
- Amount returned on a product or service sub-class. The returned amount appears within parenthesis ().
- Net sales amount (excludes discounts and returns).
- Percentage allocation on each sale. The percentage is calculated as follows: [(sales per subclass / total sales per class) x 100].
To view the report, navigate to Report > Sales Reporting and Analysis > Sales Summary By Product Type.