classify all services of a similar type together (i.e. massages, nail care, facials, etc).
To create a service group:
- Navigate to Admin > Service Management.
- Click Add New Service Group.
- Complete the service profile as follows:
- Group name: Enter the name of the service group such as facial.
- Commission Rate: Enter the percentage of commission that staff should get for all services under the group (enter numeric value only).
Note: Book4Time does not support 100% commission. If a service group or staff commission profile is setup with 100% commission, an error appears at checkout and the transaction will not close.
- Commission before Discount: Select the checkbox to set the default to calculate commission before discounts.
- Allow Customer Preferences: Select if a preferred technician can be selected when this type of service is scheduled.
- [Optional] Pretreatment Form Required: If clients are required to complete a pre-treatment form, enter how often the form needs to be updated (in days).
Example: If the pre-treatment form needs to be updated each time the guest has an appointment, then enter 1. This means that each time the guest comes in for a service under this group, the front desk is prompted to ask the guest to update the form.
- Click Finish.
The service group is created. You can now create services under the group.