categorize all services or activities of a similar type, e.g. Massages, Nail Care, Yoga, Pilates, etc.
Note: After you have first created your Service Group, you can then assign Regular, Combo, Add-On or Activity Services to it.
To create a Service Group:
- Navigate to Admin > Service Management.
- Click Add New Service Group.
- Complete the Profile as follows:
- Group Name: Enter the name of the service group, e.g. Facials.
- Commission Rate: Enter the numeric value of the % commission staff will receive for all services under that group, e.g. 5.
Note: Book4Time does not support 100% commission. If 100% commission is applied to a service group or staff commission profile, an error will appear at checkout and the transaction will not close.
- Commission Before Discount: Check this box if you wish to have commissions calculated before any discounts.
- Allow Customer Preferences: Check this box to allow a guest to choose a preferred technician when this type of service is scheduled.
[Optional] Pretreatment Form Required: If clients are required to complete a pretreatment form, enter how often the form needs to be completed (in number of days). For example, if you enter 1, the front desk is prompted to ask the guest to fill out the form upon each visit.
[Optional] Service Group Colour: Choose a colour to help distinguish the groups of activities from each other.
Note: You can choose from a pre-defined set of 16 colours.
- Click Finish.
Result: The Service Group is created and you can now add the appropriate Regular, Combo, Add-On or Activity Services to it.
Last modified June 18, 2019