You can find and merge duplicate guest records with overlapping information.
What information is merged?
Merging brings over the guest’s sales history, house account balances, open appointments, notes, gift certificates, packages/ series to the primary profile, and deletes the obsolete profiles.
What information does not merge?
Information in the duplicate records such as name, email, phone number, and credit card information does not merge with the primary profile.
Note: Merging duplicate records cannot be undone. Duplicate records are permanently deleted.
To merge duplicate records
- From the main menu, navigate to Customers > Customer Search.
- Enter the guest’s name, phone number, or email address.
- Click the Search and Merge checkbox and click Search.
A list of matching guest records appear.
- Verify which profile needs to remain as the primary profile and click the Primary checkbox in that row.
Note: If there are two or more profiles for the same guest, then you can select only one record as the Primary profile. The name, email, phone number, and credit card details in the primary profile are retained.
- Click the Merge checkbox for the profiles you want to merge and remove.
A prompt appears confirming the actions. Click Ok.
The page refreshes displaying the primary profile information.