Tenders in Book4Time refer to the methods of payment accepted in the Point-of-sale (POS). After you create a tender, you can make them available as a payment and refund method. You can also add multiple tenders and make them available to all or specific locations.
To add a new tender
- Navigate to Admin > System Settings.
- Expand POS Settings and click Tender Types.
The existing Tender Types appear.
- Click Add New Tender Types at the top-right corner of the screen
A table appears to enter the tender details.
- Enter the following details in the table:
- Tender Name: Enter the name of the tender. Example: Gift Cards
- Type: Select the tender type from the drop-down list.
Note: When setting up a tender type for gift cards or gift certificates and would like to track balances using Book4Time, select the Book4Time G.C. tender type from the drop-down list.
When setting up a tender type for memberships, select Membership Minutes.
- [Optional] Sort Order: If the tender is preferred or commonly used, you can customize the sort order of the tenders to be listed on the payment screen. Enter the sort order number for this tender.
- [Optional] Logo File Name: Enter the name of the logo file to add a logo to the receipt.
- Allow for payments: Select the checkbox to allow making payments using the tender.
- Allow for refunds: Select the checkbox to allow processing refunds on the tender.
- Allow over-tendering: Select the checkbox to allows guests to pay more than the actual value and take cash for the remaining balance.
- Open cash drawer: Select the checkbox to automatically open the cash drawer when processing transactions with the tender.
- Require authorization: Select the checkbox if you want approval on all transactions performed with the tender. If selected, a pop-up appears prompting for the approver's user name and password.
- Code: If you integrate with an external PMS system, enter the code that is used in the PMS system. This helps you identify transactions processed using the PMS system.
- BOF Code: Refer to your Accounting Department for the BOF Code.
- Prompt User for Additional Information: Select the checkbox, if additional information (such as a room number or check number) is required when accepting this method of payment.
When the checkbox is selected, the following fields get active:
- Prompt message: Enter the additional information field name. Example: Enter Groupon number.
- Prompt Numeric Only: Select the checkbox if the information should be a numeric value only.
- Prompt Information Required: Select the checkbox if the additional information field (Prompt message) is a mandatory field.
- Print prompt data on receipt: Select the checkbox to print the additional prompt information on the receipt. For instance, you can print the Groupon number on the receipt.
- Allow for guarantee booking: Select the checkbox to use this tender to guarantee appointments.
- Qualify for Incentive Coupon: If you have set up incentive coupons, you can choose to issue or prevent the issue of incentive coupons on the use of this tender type.
Select the checkbox if the guest can qualify for incentive coupons on using the tender. Deselect the checkbox if the usage of the tender does not qualify for incentive coupons. For instance, you can prevent issuing incentive coupons on the use of membership minutes.
- Click Add.
The new tender type is added to the list of applicable tenders.