The option to Void a transaction is useful when you need to nullify a payment and remove it from your accounting records.
Note the following about voiding transactions:
- A void is performed on the same register the transaction was made and while the register is still open. The option to void disappears as soon as you close the register, after which you can only return the transaction.
Example: If the transaction occurred on 6 February, 2018 on Register 1 and the register is still open, then you can void the transaction. However, once you close the register at the end of the day, you can only return the transaction.
- The complete transaction is voided i.e, if there are multiple services or products in the same transaction, then the record of all the services or products are removed from the reports.
- After you void a gift card, the card gets deactivated. You must issue a new card with the balance.
To void a transaction
- Navigate to the customer's profile and click the Past History tab.
- Locate the transaction that you need to void and click the transaction number.
The POS screen opens.
- Click Void Transaction.
A prompt appears. Click Ok.
- Enter your credentials to authorize the changes and click Approve.
The transaction is now removed and the appointment status changes to a check-in state on the Scheduler.