If you are unable to print receipts and cash count, you may need to reconfigure the ActiveX settings on your computer and verify your printer settings. This could typically occur after a computer update.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Go to your browsers Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Trusted Sites and click Sites.
- Add the following websites to the list of Trusted Sites and click Close.
- Click Custom level... and Enable the following ActiveX settings:
- Allow Scriptlets
- Download Signed ActiveX Controls
- Download Unsigned ActiveX Controls
- Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting
- Access data sources across domains
- Navigate windows and frames across different domains
- Close Internet Explorer and reopen it.
You should now be able to print receipts and cash count.
Note: If you are using Internet Explorer 11, add book4time.com to the compatibility list (navigate to Tools > Compatibility View Settings).
Verify Printer Settings
Follow these steps to verify if the correct printer type is selected for the register
Step 1: Verify register setup
- From the main menu, navigate to Admin > Account Management > Select your location.
- Click the Register Setup tab.
- Locate the register ID attached to the computer and click Edit.
- Ensure that the correct Printer Type is selected and verify the printer for Receipt Printer / COM Port, GC Printer, and Label Printer.
- Click Save.
Logout and login to Book4Time.
Step 2: Verify computer setup
- On your computer, click Start (Windows button) > Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
- Ensure that the correct printer is attached to the computer and is set as Default or has a green check mark.