Technician sort order controls the order in which the technicians appear on the Scheduler. By default, the technicians are sorted based on the start time and alphabetically by their first names. You can change the default sort order to make it easier to book appointments. For instance, you can make your most experienced technicians show first or view them based on services groups.
To change your technicians sort order
Step 1: Change the predefined sort order
- From the main menu, navigate to Staff > Staff Management.
- Expand Sort Order and select the location.
- Drag and drop the name of the technicians as desired and click Save.
Step 2: Apply the predefined sort order for all users at your location
- From the main menu, navigate to Admin > System Settings.
- Expand Appointment Settings and select Defaults.
The preference setup options appear in the right pane.
- Click Edit at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select Predefined (P) from the Default Sort Order drop-down.
- Click Finish.
The Scheduler now displays technicians based on the predefined list. To verify this: navigate to the Scheduler > select More options (top-right corner of the screen). The Predefined option is selected by default.