Customer notes and internal notes are both very specific to an appointment. Once the appointment is complete, the notes are no longer applicable.
Note: To add a permanent note that appears each time the guest books an appointment, checks-in, or checks-out; read: How to add notes to a customer’s profile?
The primary difference between the two are:
- Customer notes are displayed in the guest’s service or group itinerary and can be printed.
- Internal notes are added only as a reference for the internal staff. This is not displayed to the customer. Internal notes appear on the POS screen during check out and also appears as a flag (“i” icon) in the appointment block on the Scheduler.
To add a customer note or internal note to an appointment:
- Navigate to the Scheduler and right click on the appointment block.
- Select Notes/Flags from the context menu.
The Edit Appointment Notes window opens.
- Enter your notes in the Customer Notes or Internal Notes fields.
- Click Save.
Alternatively, right-click on the appointment block, and click Quick Edit Appointment. You can add the notes in the Customer Notes or Internal Notes fields. Click Save.