Text messages are an alternative way to communicate with customers and improve your customer service. For instance, if a guest's appointment is on wait list, you can send the guest a text message informing the time at which a vacancy is available.
You can send customized text messages from the Scheduler, Advanced Search, Check in, and Check out screens. You can also trigger an automated SMS text notification as soon as a guest appointment is confirmed.
To enable the SMS text notifications at your location
- Navigate to Admin > System Settings.
- Expand Global Preferences and select SMS Settings.
- Click Edit at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Enable SMS checkbox to allow SMS notifications.
- Customize the content for the appointment confirmation text message. Read: Can I customize the SMS appointment confirmation text?
- Click Finish.
SMS setting is now enabled.