The Discount Audit Log report lists all the sale and return transactions that included discounts and price changes.
To view the report, navigate to Reports > Sales Audit & Finance > Discount Audit Log.
- Filter the report by location, date or date range, discount group, or discount type.
- If you apply a discount and price edit to an item in the transaction, the transaction would appear twice in the report (one line item for the discount and another for the price edit).
- Trans # (Transaction) is an automatically generated reference number.
- Discount rate is the preset discount percentage or value added to the transaction at the time of checkout. If the cost price was manually edited, this column displays the currency symbol such as $.
- Type is the discount type added to the transaction at the time of checkout. If the cost price was manually edited, then the column displays Price Edit. Price Edit is the revised price which overrides the original price.
- Original Price is the price of the item before the discount or price edit was applied.
- Sold Price is the price of the item after the discount or price edit is applied.
- Discount Price is the total amount of discount.
- Commission Before Discount (CBD) indicates if the technician receives a commission before the discount is applied (Yes) or after it is applied (No).
- Authorized By is the user who approves the discount or price edit using their user id and password.