The Cash Register Summary report provides a complete overview of sales and cash balancing for all registers and is used daily to balance accounts.
The report is divided into three sections:
- Sales Breakdown: Calculates the net sales, returns, number of void transactions, the value of gift cards sold, and gratuity received.
- Tender Count Summary: Provides a breakdown of all tenders and compares the computer count with the physical count to accurately balance the end of day closing.
- Float Activity: Summarizes the opening float balances and cash transactions for all registers to calculate the total deposited funds.
To view the report, navigate to Reports > Sales Audit & Finance > Register Summary.
You can filter this report by date and register name.
- Float No. is a reference number automatically generated once a cash float is opened.
- O/S (over or short) is the variance between the computer count and the physical count.
- Opening Balance is a summary of the total opening float amount of all open registers for that business day. The opening balance is setup in Account Management.