In Book4Time you can quickly add multiple services in one go using the Service Import function. This allows you to add all the basic service details in a pre-defined Excel sheet format and upload it into Book4Time. This adds the services into the system, however, details such as the skill level, resources, service profile, and services have to be added manually from Service Management.
To perform a Service Import:
Step 1: Export a blank excel file and enter the service details
- From the main menu, navigate to Admin > Service Management.
- Expand Service Import and click Create.
The Create New Service Import File screen opens in the right panel.
- Click Export to export a blank file.
A blank Service Import excel file gets downloaded on your computer.
- Open the downloaded Service Import excel file and enter the new service details according to the instructions provided in red.
- Entering details of a service under an existing service code is considered as a service update. The existing service details will get updated with the new information you enter into the Excel file.
- The following fields are case sensitive and must match the name specified under Admin > Service Management: Service Group, Product Class, Product Subclass.
- Using Service Import, you can only add services. You cannot add new Service Group, Product Class, and Product Subclass.
Step 2: Upload the service details:
- Click Upload under Service Import (left panel).
The Upload a Service Import File opens in the right panel.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the file that you are going to upload. You can enter a maximum of 50 characters into the field.
Tip: Enter a unique name for the file which can be easily distinguished from any other files that may exist. For instance, you can name them based on the product class such as New Body Treatment Services: April 2018.
- In the Description field, provide a description of the file. You can enter a maximum of 250 characters into the field. Example: April 2018 new body treatment services offered at the Spa.
- Select Choose File and select the service import file that has the new service information.
- Click Upload.
The upload results appear under Results. Proceed to step 3 below.
Step 3: Verify the upload results and make corrections if necessary
- The following results appear under Results:
- If the upload is successful, you will see a success message in green under Results.
- If there are errors in the file, the number of error messages found will display in red along with the error description under Results.
The table in the Results section of the Upload a Service Import File window provides the following details:
Description of the error
- You can continue to upload the services that were successfully added or updated and ignore the errors. Proceed to step 4 below.
- To cancel the upload, click Cancel Upload. This action would remove the file from the system. For instance, if you want to correct the errors, you can click Cancel Upload and again upload the correct file.
Step 4: Finish the upload
- Click Finish.
The services now appear under Admin > Service Management.
Important: This procedure only adds the basic details of the services such as the name, price, and duration. You will need to manually add other details such as the skill level, resources, and service profile to the service from Admin > Service Management.