A percentage or a flat dollar discount is a preset discount percentage or dollar amount applied to the original price of the item at check out.
Note: You must first create a discount in order to apply it to a transaction in the Point of Sale (POS) screen. Read how.
To apply a percentage or dollar discount:
- Check out the customer.
The POS screen opens displaying the service details, confirmation number, technician name, and price.
- Click Edit next to the price.The Edit Service window opens.
- select the Discount radio button and select the discount you want to apply from the drop-down list.
- [Optional] To apply the discount to all the services in the transaction, select the Apply to all Services checkbox.
- Click Accept.
- In the Authenticate User window, an employee who has the permission to authorize the discount must enter their credentials and Approve the transaction.
The POS screen refreshes displaying the edited prices.
- Click Payment to collect payment for the appointment.