In Book4Time you can edit the price of a service and additionally apply a discount to the edited price. This allows you to further discount the price for the guest.
Note: This action is permission driven. You must have the Allow discount on edited price setting enabled for your role. To enable this setting, an Administrator must navigate to Admin > System Settings > Security Settings > Expand the user role > Select Front Desk > Enable the Allow discount on edited price setting.
To apply a discount in the edited price:
- Check out the customer.
The POS screen opens displaying the service details, confirmation number, technician name, and price.
- Click Edit next to the price.The Edit Service window opens.
- Select the Discount radio button and select the discount you want to apply from the drop-down list.
- Select Apply to edited price checkbox.
- Enter the revised price in the Edit Price field.
- Click Accept.
- In the Authenticate User window, an employee who has the permission to authorize the discount must enter their credentials and Approve the transaction.
The POS screen refreshes with the updated price and total.
- Click Payment to collect payment for the appointment.