You can book group appointments that are spread over a series of dates. Group appointments are usually organized and booked by one individual, the group contact. In Book4Time you can schedule a maximum of 50 appointments in a group.
Note: If the guest names are unknown when scheduling the appointment, a temporary guest name is created for each customer such as Guest 1, Guest 2, and so on. The customer names can be added later. However, the customer name is mandatory before check-in.
Booking a group appointment for multiple dates involves the following steps. Each step is explained in detail:
- Navigate to the appointment scheduler
- Enter group contact details
- Enter event details
- Add services
- Confirm Group Booking
Step 1: Navigate to the Group Appointment Screen
- From the main menu, navigate to Appointments > Scheduler.
The Scheduler opens displaying various appointments booked for the present day.
- In the Appointment Cart located on the left sidebar, click Group Booking.
The New Group Appointment pane opens.
Step 2: Enter Group Contact Details
Note: You can perform this step at a later time after adding the appointments to the group. If you want to currently skip this step, proceed to step 3 to add event details.
- Click the Click Here to Set link beside the Group field.
The Group Contact window opens.
- Enter the company name and group contact in the Group Name and Group Contact fields, and then click the Search.
Note: If the group is new or cannot be found, read Add new group.
- Click Select in the group’s information row.
The Group Name is added to the New Group Appointment pane.
Step 3: Enter Event Details
Note: You can perform this step at a later time after adding the appointments to the group. If you want currently skip this step, proceed to step 4 to add services.
- Under Event Details, click Click here to set event details.
The Group Event Details window opens.
- By default, the Event Details on dates display the current date. To book a group appointment over a series of dates, specify the event date range using the date selector.
Note: The dates provided are for reference only. Book4Time does not prevent you from booking appointments outside of the date range.
- Enter the following information in the General section:
- Account Manager: Select the Account Manager who will oversee this group from the drop-down.
- Event Name: Enter the name of the event. Note that this is a mandatory field.
- [Optional] Event Description: Enter a brief description of the event.
- Total Number of Guests: Enter the total number of guests in the group. Note that this is a mandatory field.
- [Optional] Group Budget: Enter the budget details. Note that Book4Time does not prevent further bookings if the budget exceeds the amount provided in this field.
- [Optional] Budget Limit Per Person: Enter the budget applicable per person in the group.
- [Optional] Preset gratuity: Enter the gratuity percentage. The gratuity percentage entered here will automatically calculate the gratuity for each service when the appointment is checked out.
- [Optional] Group Colour: Select a colour from the drop-down list. This colour helps identify the group appointments on the calendar.
- Guests Names Known: Select Yes if the names of the guests are known. Else, select No.
- [Optional] Allow Up-selling: By default, up-selling is set to No. Select Yes to allow your staff to make sales suggestions during the appointments.
- Email: Enter the email address of the group contact.
- [Optional] Email Confirmation: Select the checkbox to email the group itinerary to the group contact.
- [Optional] Email Itineraries to Coordinator: Select the checkbox to email the individual appointment itineraries to the group contact.
- [Optional] Email Itineraries to Individuals: Select the checkbox to email the individual appointment itineraries to each guest within the group.
Note: guests' names and email addresses are required.
The event details are added to the New Group Appointment pane.
Step 4: Add Services
You can add services using one of the following methods:
- Under Event Details, click Click here to add services…
The Service Selection window opens.
- Select the location from the Location drop-down. Group appointments can only be booked for one location.
- Click the Date drop-down to open the calendar and select the date of the group appointment.
By default, the current date displays.
- Select the appointment time range using the Between A.M and P.M drop-downs.
- [Optional] Select the technician gender preference is required from the Gender Pref drop-down. By default, No Preference is selected.
- Select the services from the Service field drop-down. You can select up to three services and a package.
Note: The order of the selected services determines the priority of the search. For example, the wizard searches for the "#1" service first and then searches for the "#2" service.
- Review the Selected Services that appear at the right.
In the Selected Service section you can perform the following actions for each service added to the group appointment:
Note: The order of the selected services determine how the wizard searches for availability. For example, the wizard searches for the "#1" service first, next it searches for the "#2" service, and so on.
- Click the Remove link to remove a specific service from the search.
A prompt appears as follows: "This will remove this service from the search. Continue?". Click OK to remove the service.
- Click Edit to edit the service. Edit the details as follows and click Accept.
- Gender Preference: Edit the gender preference for a specific service such as Female or therapist.
- Price ($): Edit the price a specific service. By default, this field displays the price of the service as set up in Book4Time under Service Management. By changing this value, you will override the price that is setup for the service.
- Gap (minute): Add a gap value to a specific service if you would like the customer to have a rest or break before the next service. The value of this field is in minutes.
- Click Add-On to include additional add-on services. Note that add-on's must already be set up for those services under Service Management. Select the checkbox for add-on services that you want to include and click Accept.
A note gets added under the service which allows users to see that an add-on service was added.
- Click the Remove link to remove a specific service from the search.
- Optional: By default, the Search Availability by Technician checkbox is clear. This allows the wizard to search for availability by time. The wizard will attempt to book services based on the earliest available time slots.
Select this checkbox, to search for service availability by technician. Selecting this checkbox, allows the wizard to attempt to book services with the same technician. For best results, we recommend leaving this checkbox unchecked.
- Click Search.
The window displays all available appointment options based on the provided criteria.
- Enter the number of guests you would like to book for each available time slot and select Add. The selected services are automatically added to the scheduler.
- A prompt appears confirming if you want to add the appointments to the appointment cart, click OK.
- [Optional] Click Book More to add the services for the next date. Follow steps 3-11 in the Add Services section.
Change the date and continue adding appointments for another date.
- Click Finish.
The Group Itinerary window opens displaying the appointments booked on the selected dates.
Step 5: Confirm Group Booking
Perform the following steps in the Group Itinerary window:
- Select payment method from the Type field.
- Click the individual temporary guest names add the customer names if available.
Note: You can add guest names later as well.
- Optional: Click Print Group Itinerary to print the entire groups itinerary or click Print Service Itineraries to print the itinerary by service
- Click Confirm to complete the appointment booking.
The calendar opens to the last date of the group. For instance, if you have booked appointments for the current date i.e., 15/01 and for the next date i.e., 16/01, then the Scheduler displays the calendar for 16/01.