Coupons can be applied to products, services, or both depending on the coupon setup. Whether an appointment has been selected for checkout or a Point of Sale (POS) transaction is being processed, follow these steps from the checkout page to apply a coupon:
- Click the Coupon icon in the Payment section of the POS screen.
The Redeem Coupon window appears.
- Enter the coupon number or scan it in the Coupon# field.
- Enter your credentials to authorize the transaction and click Approve.
The coupon discount applies to the transaction and total payment reflects the updated price.
- Click Payment to collect the amount.
The payment window opens.
- Enter the amount due in the Enter Amount field.
- Select the tender with which the customer is making the payment such as cash, credit card, or house account.
To split the payment between multiple tender types, read Accept Payment with Multiple Tenders.
- Click Accept.
The receipt automatically prints.
Note: If tendered using cash, the cash register drawer automatically opens.
- Click Finish.