The following procedures only apply to computers you intend to use as Cash Registers. In order for Book4Time to communicate with your receipt printer and cash drawer, you need to install Book4Time's POS drivers (ActiveX component) that manages peripherals attached to your computer. Once this is installed you need to designate the physical computer as a cash drawer in Book4Time.
Prior to installing the Book4time POS drivers, it is recommended that you first install and configure your POS peripherals as per your manufactures instructions.
Once you have completed the hardware setup please proceed with the following steps in Book4Time:
Add the following two URL's to your Internet Explorer's Trusted Sites list.
- Modify the security level for the Trusted sites to Enable the following options:
- Download signed ActiveX controls
- Download unsigned ActiveX controls
- Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe
- For clients using a PMS interface (i.e. Epitome, Opera, Galaxy), enable the following options:
- Access data sources across domains
- Navigate sub-frames across different domains
- Close all instances of your Internet Explorer and then start a new internet session and log into Book4Time.
- Navigate to Admin > Account Management > Locations > click the Register Setup tab. You will be prompted with instructions to install the Book4Time POS drivers ("MSI package").
Click the link to download the ActiveX component installer. Once the installation is completed you should see your computer name on the Register Setup page. Add your register name and then attach your computer to the register. Read Setup a register for more details.