A cash count is performed to record a physical count of the cash in the float. Cash counts are used for shift changes and when closing the register.
To complete a cash count
- From the main menu, navigate to Front Desk > Cash Drawer Management.
- Click the Cash Float tab.
- Click Cash Count in the Cash Summary section.
The Cash Count pop-up opens
- Physically count each denomination and enter the count in the Enter Count field.
The Total Amount field automatically calculates the dollar value for each denomination.
- Click Print to print the cash count.
- Click Accept to close the window.
The page refreshes with the updated count total.