The Deposit feature in Book4Time helps to count the cash that would be removed from the cash float and deposited. The deposit amount is calculated by subtracting the opening float amount from the cash balance. The deposit record is for reference only and can be printed at the time of recording.
Note: You must perform a cash count before creating a deposit.
To enter a deposit
- From the main menu, navigate to Front Desk > Cash Drawer Management.
- Click the Cash Float tab.
- Click Deposit.
The Deposit window opens.
The window displays the physical count amount and the next day's opening cash amount (as set up for the register).
- Physically count each denomination and enter the count in the Enter Count field.
The Total Amount field automatically calculates the dollar value for each denomination.
- Click Print to print the deposit summary.
- Click Accept to close the window.