The Appointment Scheduler allows you to easily schedule customer appointments for the current or future date.
This article includes steps to schedule a single service appointment. If you need to schedule an appointment for multiple services, read Schedule a multiple service appointment.
Scheduling an appointment for a single service involves the following steps. Each step is explained in detail:
- Navigate to the Appointment Scheduler
- Select the customer
- Search for availability and filter appointments
- Verify and add the appointment
- Confirm the appointment
Step 1: Navigate to the Appointment Scheduler
From the main menu, navigate to Appointments > Scheduler.
The Scheduler appears displaying various appointments booked for the present day.
Step 2: Select the customer
- In the Appointment Cart located on the left sidebar, click the Click Here to Set link.
The Customer Information screen appears.
- Search for the customer by entering the customer’s first and last name, email address, phone number, or membership number.
- Click Search.
The customer’s basic information displays on the screen.
- If it is a new customer or if you cannot find the customer in the database, read Add new customer.
The customer’s name is added to the Appointment Cart in the Scheduler.
Note: If the customer's profile is incomplete a warning prompt may appear. Click Ok to continue.
Step 3: Search for availability and filter appointments
Note: If the selected customer has a preferred technician for the selected service group, the calendar automatically displays that technician’s schedule.
- Verify if the appointment is for the current date or for a future date.
- If the appointment is for the current date, proceed to step 2 below.
- If the appointment is at a future date, click the Date filter, and then select the date from the calendar.
Note: Book4Time displays a smart booking ruler that shows the total time of the service. This ruler appears only if you have used filters (in step 2 above) to view the scheduler.
- If the Add New Appointment window opens, follow step 4 below.
- If the Authorize booking over prompt appears, it indicates that you are booking an appointment over a technician’s blocked schedule. If you have access to approve, enter your user id and password, and then click Approve.
- If the customer has another appointment within the pre-set number of days, a prompt appears with a list of the appointments. Click Yes to continue. Else, click No.
Step 4: Verify and add the appointment
- Complete the following in the Add New Appointment window:
- Service: Select a service from the drop-down list.
Only the services that the technician performs appears in the drop-down list.
- Upsell: Select if an upgraded service can be sold to the customer during the time of booking.
- Type: The request type refers to the customer’s specific therapist request. For instance, a customer may specifically ask for a male, female, or a specific technician to perform the service. Select the request type from the Type drop-down list.
Note: Technician preferences can be setup for each customer. Read: Add Guest's Preferred Technician for a service.
- Facility: Select the facility where the service should be performed. Only available facilities appear on this list.
Note: The facility drop-down list only appears if a facility is setup for the service. To schedule the service in a specific facility regardless of the availability, select the Override check box.
To indicate that the guest has requested a specific facility, click the Request checkbox.
- Equipment: Select the equipment from the drop-down list. Only available equipment appears on the drop-down list.
Note: The equipment drop-down list only appears if the equipment is set up for the service. To schedule the service regardless of equipment availability, click the Override checkbox.
- Add-on: Select an add-on service for the appointment.
This option is available only if an add-on service is setup for the service.
If the customer's profile is incomplete, a prompt appears to capture these additional details. Click Ok to continue.
The Confirm Appointment screen appears.
Step 5: Confirm the appointment
- Complete the following information on the Confirm Appointment screen:
- Customer Notes and Internal Notes: Enter any special notes about the appointment in the internal notes or customer notes fields. Read: What are customer notes and internal notes on the Confirm Appointment screen?.
- Select the appointment flags that may be applicable to the appointment (pregnant, allergies, VIP etc.). Appointment flags are used to notify attendants of any special appointment requests or considerations such as hotel guest, allergies or pregnant guest. Read: Appointment Flags.
- Email Confirmation: Select to email a confirmation of the appointment.
Ensure that the email address is correct in the corresponding Email field.
- Guest Type: Select a guest type from the drop-down list provided. Read: Guest Types.
- Reminder Confirmed: Select to send a reminder to the customer.
- Recurring every: Select if you want to reserve this service appointment for the customer on a periodic basis. Read: Recurring Appointments.
- SMS Confirmation: Select to send a text message to the customer to confirm the appointment. Ensure that the phone number is accurate in the corresponding Mobile field. Read: Send a Text Message Appointment Confirmation.
The appointment appears on the Scheduler. A confirmation email is delivered to the customer if the Email Confirmation checkbox was selected.