A guest can anytime redeem the services available on the gift certificate. You can easily lookup the services in the gift certificate while scheduling the appointment on the Scheduler.
Note: You can also book eligible services using the gift certificate number. This method is especially useful if the gift certificate does not appear under the Customer's Profile. Read: Schedule an Appointment for Services using the Gift Certificate Number
To redeem services as a part of the gift certificate
Step 1: Navigate to the Appointment Scheduler
From the main menu, navigate to Appointments > Scheduler.
The Scheduler appears displaying various appointments booked for the present day.
Step 2: Select the customer
- In the Appointment Cart located on the left sidebar, click the Click Here to Set link.
The Customer Information screen appears.
- Search for the customer by entering the customer’s first and last name, email address, phone number, or membership number.
- Click Search.
The customer’s basic information displays on the screen.
- Click Select in the customer's information row.
The customer’s name is added to the Appointment Cart in the Scheduler.
Note: If the customer's profile is incomplete a warning prompt may appear. Click Ok to continue.
Step 3: Search for availability and filter appointments
- Click the Central Search tab on the left sidebar.
- Select the location where you want to book the appointment from the Location drop-down list. By default, the current location displays.
- Select the booking date from the calendar.
You can select the current or future date.
- Select the time between which you want to search for availability from the Between and And drop-downs.
- Click Select Service.
A list of all Book4Time Gift Certificates on the selected customer's profile appears.
- Expand the gift certificate that the guest wants to redeem and click Select.
Tip: Click Details next to the service name to view the service details such as the description, duration, pricing, upgrades, and add-on services.
- To specify the technician, start time, or gap between services, click Edit next to the service and select the criteria from the drop-down lists provided, and then click Save.
- Click to search.
Note: Gap is the amount of time between this service and the next selected service.
- [Optional] To search for availability for specific days of the week, click More Options, and click the checkbox next to each day ().
- [Optional] To specify the number of results you want displaying, click More Options, and select a number from the Choices display drop-down list.
- Click Search to search for availability.
A list of all matching criteria appears.
- [Optional] Click or to view the results for the previous day or next day.
- Click the pin icon to select the technician and time for all the services.
- Click Add to cart.
The Appointment Cart opens with the selected appointment details.
- [Optional] To edit each service or schedule a facility or equipment for a service, click the appointment block on the Scheduler to open the appointment edit window. Click to save changes.
- Click Continue.
Tip: Click Reset anytime to restart the booking process.
The Confirm Appointment window opens.
Step 5: Confirm the appointment
- Complete the following information on the Confirm Appointment screen:
- Customer Notes and Internal Notes: Enter any special notes about the appointment in the internal notes or customer notes fields. Read: What is customer notes and internal notes on the Confirm Appointment screen?.
- Select the Appointment Flags that may be applicable to the appointment (pregnant, allergies, VIP etc.). Appointment flags are used to notify attendants of any special appointment requests or considerations such as hotel guest, allergies or pregnant guest. Read: Appointment Flags.
- Guest Type: Select a guest type from the drop-down list provided. Read: Guest Types.
- Email Confirmation: Select to email a confirmation of the appointment.
Ensure that the email address is correct in the corresponding Email field.
- Reminder Confirmed: Select to send a reminder to the customer.
- Recurring every: Select if you want to reserve this service appointment for the customer on a periodic basis. Read: Recurring Appointments.
- SMS Confirmation: Select to send a text message to the customer to confirm the appointment. Ensure that the phone number is accurate in the corresponding Mobile field. Read: Send a Text Message Appointment Confirmation.
The appointments are confirmed and the color of the appointment blocks changes to blue on the Scheduler.
A confirmation email is delivered to the customer if the Email Confirmation checkbox was selected.