Request type refers to the customer's request for a specific technician to perform the service. For instance, male request, female request, or specific technician request are part of request types. Request types are selected when scheduling an appointment and are identified by color on the Scheduler.
Note: To edit the request type, a user must have the Edit Request Type permission enabled (Admin > System Settings > Security Settings > Select the user role > Appointments > Edit Request Type).
In this article learn to
- Edit the request type on a booked appointment on the Scheduler
- Edit the request type on a closed appointment
To edit the request type on a booked appointment
- From the main menu, navigate to Appointments > Scheduler.
The Scheduler appears displaying various appointments booked for the present day.
- Locate the appointment that you want to edit.
- Right-click on the appointment block and select Edit Service from the context menu.
The Edit Appointment Line window opens.
- Select the request type from the Type drop-down.
- Click Finish.
The Confirm Appointment window opens.
- Click Confirm.
To edit the request type on a closed appointment
If an appointment is already closed, you can still change the request type as follows:
- Navigate to the Advance Search window and search for the closed appointment. Read: Search Appointments using Advance Search.
- Click Select on the appointment line.
The Edit Appointment window opens.
- Select the request type from the Request Type drop-down and click Save.
The request type is saved and will appear on relevant reports.