Book4Time enables you to accommodate appointments past midnight and opens your Scheduler based on your location settings. Using the Day Offset function, you can extend your business hours up to 4 hours past midnight (up to 4 A.M.). Hence, you can extend the calendar day to span from 4 A.M. on the current day to 4:59 A.M. the following day. This function is especially useful for spas that are open to guest bookings well past midnight.
- The day’s revenue and sale reports include all the amounts tendered after midnight. This means even though a treatment is booked at 2 A.M. and may technically be on a different calendar day, it will still belong to the previous day.
If an appointment is booked, the transaction is closed, and a discount is applied on 15th June 01:00:00 A.M and the offset is 2 hours, it would appear in the report for 15th June.
- You can decide when you want to open such bookings at your location. For instance, you may choose to open your calendar day to span across two days from 2 A.M. on Saturday to 2 A.M. on Sunday.
- The time interval on the Scheduler displays a plus (+) sign indicating the offset time.
The add/edit/view appointment windows, display the offset time.
- Technicians scheduled to work during offset hours display on the Scheduler.
- This does not apply to online bookings.
To allow bookings past midnight:
- From the main menu, navigate to Admin > Account Management.
- Expand Locations and select the location that offers bookings past midnight.
The Location’s Profile opens on the right.
- Click Edit at the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the Day Offset drop-down, select the hours that you want to extend the booking after midnight (12 A.M.).
For instance, select 2 hours if you offer services up to 2 A.M. or 3.5 hours if the location is open for bookings until 3:30 A.M.
- Click Continue.
The Operation Hours tab opens.
- Define the work hours for individual days in the week. For instance, you may open your location from 2 A.M. on the current day to 1:59 A.M on the next day on Saturdays and Sundays only and maintain regular hours for the rest of the week. In such a scenario, select 02:00 A.M. as the start time and +02:00 A.M as the end time.
Tip: The + symbol indicates that the location is open for those many hours past midnight. Thus, +02:00 A.M indicates that the location’s calendar day is open from 2 A.M to 1:59 A.M. on the following day.
- Click Finish.
Next, you will need to schedule technicians to work during those hours. Read: Schedule Technicians to Work Past Midnight