If an appointment requires confirmation and the customer profile has an email address, you can set up Book4Time to automatically send email reminders based on the scheduled task you set up. Optionally, you can send a reminder email to all customers within the reconfirmation period regardless of whether or not they have already received a confirmation email.
Important: It is highly recommended to schedule all tasks on a daily basis (not hourly) to maintain system performance during regular operational hours.
To schedule a task for email reminders:
- Navigate to Admin > System Settings.
- Click Global Preferences > Click Scheduled Tasks.
- Click Add New Task.
- Complete the following fields:
- Task Type: Select Send Reminder Email to Customer from the drop-down list.
- Schedule Type: Select Daily.
- Schedule Time: Using the hour and minutes fields, select the time of day to run the task (suggested time is outside of operation hours).
- Start Date: Click the calendar icon and select the date.
- Run task on local time: Select the checkbox to run the task using the time zone in the location setup under Admin > Account Management > Locations > Time Zone field.
- Active: Select the checkbox to activate the task.
- Click Finish.
The task is now scheduled to run at the specified time.