Important: Only users with the Inventory Setting permission can complete the actions in this article (Admin > System Settings > Select the User Role > System > select the Inventory Setting permission checkbox).
In Book4Time you can add or update multiple products in one go using the Product Import function. To perform a product import, you will need to enter the product details that you want to add or update in a pre-defined Excel sheet format, and then upload it into Book4Time.
Note: New products added using this method are active and stocked at the location, by default.
To add or update multiple products at once:
Step 1: Export a blank excel file and enter the product details
- From the main menu, navigate to Admin > System Settings.
- Expand Inventory Settings > Expand Product Import.
- Click Create.
The Create a New Product Import File screen opens in the right panel.
- Click Export to export a blank file.
A blank Product Import excel file gets downloaded on your computer.
- Open the downloaded Product Import excel file and enter the product information according to the instructions provided in red.
- Book4Time verifies the product SKU entered in the Product SKU field. If the SKU already exists, then it updates the existing product with the new information entered. A new SKU number or no SKU is considered as a new product being added to the system.
- The following fields are case sensitive and must match the name specified under Admin > Product Maintenance: Product Class, Product Subclass, Product Name, Vendor, Department, and Brand.
Step 2: Upload the product details
- Click Upload under Product Import (left panel).
The Upload a Product Import File opens in the right panel.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the file that you are going to upload. You can enter a maximum of 50 characters into the field.
- In the Description field, provide a description of the file. You can enter a maximum of 250 characters into the field.
- Select Choose File and select the product import file that has the product information.
- Click Upload.
The upload results appear under Results. Proceed to step 3 below.
Step 3: Verify the upload results and make corrections if necessary
- The following results appear under Results:
- If the upload is successful, you will see a success message in green under Results.
- If there are errors in the file, the number of error messages found will display in red along with the error description under Results.
The table in the Results section of the Upload a Product Import File window provides the following details:
Description of the error
- You can continue to upload the products that were successfully added/updated and ignore the errors. Proceed to step 4 below.
- To cancel the upload, click Cancel Upload. This action would remove the file from the system. For instance, if you want to correct the errors, you can click Cancel Upload and again upload the correct file.
Step 4: Finish the upload:
- Click Finish.
The products now appear under Admin > Product Maintenance.