You can create a discount and apply it during checkout. Typically, a percentage or dollar amount is deducted from the original price of a product, service, gift card, or gift certificate.
Before you begin
Ensure you have created the Discount Group.
To create a discount:
Watch a video or follow the steps provided below.
- From the main menu, navigate to Admin > Discount/Coupon Management.
- Expand Discounts and click the specific .
- Click Add New Discount on the right side of the page.
- In the Add Discount page, complete the following:
- Status: Select the Active checkbox to be able to apply the discount in the Point of Sale (POS). By default, the checkbox is selected.
- [Optional] Discount Group: By default, the group you selected in step 2 above would display. However, you can change the discount group from the drop-down.
- Discount Description: Enter a description for the discount.
- Discount Type: Select the Dollar radio button to apply a flat dollar discount or select the Percent radio button to apply a percentage discount.
- Discount rate/Dollar amount: Enter the discount rate or dollar amount (numerical value only) in the designated field.
- SKU filter: Select the SKUs for which the discount can be applied. For instance, you may want this discount to apply only for services, products, or both.
Note: New SKUs are set up in Admin > Discount/Coupon Management > SKU Filter Setup. Read: SKU Filters
- Restrict to Same Day Booking: Select if the discount only applies to appointments that are checked out the same day as they are booked.
- Day of Week: You can make discounts available on selected days of the week. By default, all days are selected. To deselect a day, uncheck the checkbox for that day.
- Promotion: Select the checkbox if the discount is only available for a limited period of time.
When you select the Promotion checkbox, the Start Date and End Date fields appear. Select the first day of the promotion and the last day of the promotion.
- Available At POS: Discounts are set up for coupons only and are not intended to be manually applied at checkout. If the discount can be selected at check out, then click the checkbox.
- Can Combine With Coupon Discount: Select if you allow this discount in addition to another coupon discount that maybe already added to the transaction.
- Service Charge Before Discount: Select if you want to calculate service charges before adding the discount to the transaction.
- Commission Before Discount: Select if employees receive their commission based on the original price and not the discounted price. If technicians receive a commission on the discounted price or do not receive any commission, leave the box unchecked.
- Employee Discounts: If this discount is an employee discount, select the checkbox. This allows you to apply the discount in one easy step instead of manually selecting a discount for each item at checkout.
- Click Continue.
The Location tab opens.
- Select the locations where you want the discount to apply.
- Click Finish.
The new discount is now available at the selected locations.