What is a package or series?
A package is a group of services bundled together and is typically offered at a discounted price.
A series package consists of multiple quantities of the same service at a discounted price. For example, 6 massages as $50 each versus $65 if purchased individually.
How to set up a package or series?
To create a package or series and make it available for sale in the Point of Sale (POS):
Step 1: Navigate to the Package/Series window
- Navigate to Admin > Package/Series Maintenance.
- Click Create New on the left panel.
Step 2: Enter the package/series details
Complete the following in the Create package/Series window:
- Class: Select a to customize product classes. from the drop-down list provided (i.e. service, package). Click
- Type: Select the type of package: Package, series, or choice package.
Note: A package is often used to combine a variety of services at a discounted price, while a series is often used to combine multiple quantities of the same service.
- Units Redeemable/Visit: Enter the maximum number of services that can be redeemed in one visit. For instance, you may want to allow the guest to redeem only one service in the package.
- Allow price editing: Select the checkbox to allow front desk to change the price of the package/series at checkout.
- Active: By default, the package is active for sale on the POS screen. To make the package unavailable for sale in the POS screen, deselect the Active checkbox.
- Sub Class: Select Package from the drop-down list. Read: How do I create a Product Sub-Class?
- Valid For (weeks): Enter the number of weeks within which the package/series must be used.
Note: When an expired package or series is redeemed, it is treated at its dollar value and can be used toward any service. To enable redemption of an expired package or series, enable the Allow expired Package/Series setting from Admin > System Settings > POS Settings > Defaults.
- Retail Price: Automatically calculates depending on the prices of the services included in the package/series. Only the individual service prices can be modified, not the entire package/series price. The price can be modified for each location.
- Description: Enter a description of the package/series.
- Package/Series SKU: Enter the SKU number or leave it blank for the system to automatically generate one.
- Package/Series: Enter the name of the package or series.
- Available For: Select if this package is available for booking through the Scheduler and/or Online Booking.
Note: If this package is available for online booking, a drop-down menu appears. Select the Service Group for the package. Once selected, the package displays under the service group in your online booking site.
- Tax Included: Select the checkbox to include taxes in the sale of a package rather than on the sale of the service separately.
- Commission Before Discount: Select the checkbox if the technician performing the service receives a commission on the original service price. However, if the technician receives a commission on the discounted price, leave this checkbox unchecked.
- Can upgrade to: Select No if the customer can only use the package to redeem services included in the package.
If the customer can use the package/series to receive other services in the same product class, select Same Product Class.
If the customer can use the package/series to redeem services in the same Service Group, then select Same Service Group.
Note: If the price of the upgrade service is higher than the price of the service included in the package, the customer must pay the difference.
- Promotional: If the package is promotional and is only available for sale during specific dates, select the checkbox. Specify the promotion start date and end date in the From field and Until field. Use the to select the dates.
Note: Promotional packages cannot be sold outside of the selected date range, however, once the package is sold, the services in the package can still be redeemed past the Until date.
- Suppress Service Details On: If you would like to hide service details on the itinerary, receipts, and/or appointment emails, select the relevant checkboxes.
Step 3: Select the services that are a part of the package/series
- Click Insert (in the table) to add a service or product.
- Select an SKU (i.e. service group) from the SKU # drop-down list.
- In the Item Description field, select an item (i.e. service type) from the drop-down list.
- Enter the quantity in the Qty field.
Note: The price automatically calculates based on the quantity of services and price of each service.
- Click Accept.
Step 3: Select the locations where the Package/Series should be available
By default, the package/series is stocked at all the locations. To edit the location default:
- Click the Location Default tab.
- Click Edit on the relevant location row.
- Select the Available and Available at POS checkboxes.
- Click Update.