Percentage commission refers to staff who are paid based on a percentage of the services they provide. Percentage commission, however, is setup by service group such as massages, nail care, or body treatments and can be customized for each day of the week.
To setup a default for the service group see .
Note: If the default commission for a service group changes, the staff commission profiles which have not been setup will change to the revised service group default commission rate. To setup retail commission, see
Note: Dollar commission setup for technicians will override the percentage commission setup here. Click to setup dollar commission.
Note: Book4Time does not support 100% commission. If a service group or staff commission profile is setup with 100% commission, an error will appear at checkout and the transaction will not close.
To setup the percentage commission for the technician for each service group:
- From the main menu, navigate to Staff > Staff Management.
- Click Service Profile and click the location of the technician.
All technicians at the location appear on the right.
- Click the technician's name.
The technician's service profile opens on the right side of the screen.
- Click the Commission tab.
- Click Edit located on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Enter the commission rate for each day for every service group.
If 0% commission applies, enter 0.
- Enter an additional percentage in the Tech Request Commission Top-Up field to reward the technician whenever a guest requests specifically for the technician.
Any time a service is booked for the technician and the Tech Request option is selected, the technician earns the base commission plus the top-up commission for that service.
- Click the Commission before Discount check box () next to each service to calculate the technician's commission before discount.
Note: This flag is used to set the commission default and can be changed during the time of transaction.
- Click Finish.