You can create a weekly work schedule for your staff which includes their working hours, off's, and break timings. After you create the work schedule, the calendar on the Scheduler updates with the new schedule information.
To create a bi-weekly schedule, read Setup Technician Bi-weekly Work and Break Schedule.
To setup a weekly work schedule
- From the main menu, navigate to Staff > Staff Management.
- Expand Service Profiles and select the location.
- Select the active technician’s schedule you want to update.
The Technician’s profile appears on the right.
- Click the Work Schedule tab.
The existing work schedule appears.
- Click Create New Schedule to add a new schedule or click Edit to modify the existing work schedule.
The Work Schedule window opens displaying the current work schedule.
- Select the Start Date of the schedule from the calendar.
Note: By default, the start date is the current date.
- Select the End Date of the schedule from the calendar. This is when the entire work schedule ends.
- Clear the Respect Location Open/Close Time checkbox if the technician will work outside of the regular location operating hours as set in Location Setup.
- Clear the Keep individually opened schedules (not for delete operation) checkbox to override any manually edited schedules on the Scheduler. By default, this checkbox is selected indicating that any manually edited schedules (from the Scheduler) are not impacted.
- Select the working days for the technician and select the work start and end time from the Work Hours drop-down.
If the technician is not scheduled to work on a day, clear the checkbox for that day.
- Select the technician’s break start time and end time from the Break drop-down. If there is no scheduled break for the technician on a day, clear the checkbox for that day.
Note: By default, the break hours are from 12 P.M to 01:00 P.M.
- Click Finish.
The technician’s updated schedule appears in the Scheduler.