Access the staff default settings as follows:
- Form the main menu, navigate to Admin > System Settings.
- Click Staff Settings > Defaults.
The preference setup opens on the right.
- Click Edit.
- Complete the fields as follows:
- Service Provider Caption: Enter the name with which you want to refer to your employees. For example, you may want to refer to them as Technician or Stylist.
- Product Commission Rate: Enter the product commission rate.
If a retail commission profile is setup for your staff, that rate will override the rate setup here. Read: How do I set up Retail Commissions?
- Clock-in by department: Select the checkbox if you track staff hours and would also like to track which department a technician is working in for the day.
- Use Short Code Only: The short code field is used for a variety of reasons depending on your business needs. In some cases it is used to identify which services the technician is performing that day or display the technician's nickname that their customers refer to them by.
The short code appears next to the technician's name in Scheduler so the operator can easily identify which services the technician is performing for the selected day. In other instances the short code can be used to enter a technician's nickname.
Note: This short code appears next to the technician's legal name in Online Booking, Scheduler, point-of-sale and on reports.
- Time & Attendance - All Locations: If this checkbox is selected, the user will have access to edit and approve staff hours across all locations.
If this checkbox is deselected (turned OFF), the user will only have access to the hours for the location they are currently logged into.
- Click Finish.