If a technician is not available to come in to work, another technician can take their place and substitute the technician who is not available.
Note: Substitutions can only be made to technicians with open work schedules. Click here to open a technicians's schedule for one day.
Note: Click here to reassign all of a technician's appointments to another technician.
To substitute a technician
- From the main menu, navigate to Appointments > Scheduler.
- Click the Date to open the calendar. Click on a date to substituent the technician for that date only.
- Right-click the technician name on the technician column.
- Select Substitute Technician from the context menu.
The Reassign Appointments window opens.
- Select the replacement technician's name from the Assign To field drop-down.
Select All to search for all available technicians.
- In the Start Date and End Date field, select the dates between which you want to reassign the appointments. By default, the start date displays the current date.
- Select the days of the week between which you want to search for upcoming appointments. For instance, if you deselect the Mon checkbox, the system would exclude from the search any appointments booked on a Monday.
- Click Search.
The upcoming appointments booked with the technician in the selected date and day range displays.
- Select the Assigned To checkbox next to the replacement technician name.
- [Optional] If you have set up a default technician sort order, select the Override Pre-Defined Sort Order checkbox to override the sort order with the current details.
- Click Yes at the bottom right corner of the window to reassign the selected services.
The page refreshes with the reassigned appointments removed from the list.