Use the Staff Management function to set up staff profiles, schedule, and manage staff commission.
Each technician has a technician profile where their personal information is stored such as their address, telephone number, employee number, and service profiles. Each technician has a service profile which outlines the services they perform at a given location. Service profiles are helpful with managing the staff that performs different services on different days and for staff who work across multiple locations. Service profiles are also used to set up individual staff commission rates, work schedules, room schedules, and break schedules.
You can perform the following tasks using the Staff Management function. Click on a link to learn more.
Before you begin creating staff profiles and service profiles, you may need to complete the following settings based on your requirement. The preferences you set up here will later need to be associated to the technician profiles.
- Staff security settings: Allow or restrict your employees from performing various staff management functions.
- Staff defaults: Setup the staff defaults for all locations.
- Skill levels: Create skill levels and later associate a skill level to the technician profile.
- Staff departments: Define the departments at your location.
- Expense types: Define the expense types to track the type of staff expenses entered in the Expense Tracking module.
- Block reasons: Define block reasons. They are used to define the purpose of blocking a staff schedule. Read also: Flexible block type.
- Work hour types: Define the work hour types. A work hour type is required to clock in/out or manually log work hours.
Staff Management is used to set up your technicians. The Staff Management module stores important staff information such as services, work/break schedules, commission rates, and facility schedules. This module is designed to support technicians with alternating work schedules (such as staff who provide specific services are different days or staff who work across multiple locations).
- Setup retail and service commission
- View Technician Commission Changes Audit Log
- Export and import staff commissions
Setup Work Schedules
- Setup technician work and break schedules
- Open technician work schedule for one day
- View a technician's work schedule on the calendar
- Block a technician's work schedule
- Block multiple technicians work schedules at once
- Reassign a technician's appointments
- Substitute a technician
- Schedule Technicians to Work Past Midnight
- Technician Facility Schedule
Track Staff Time and Attendance
- How do I clock in and out?
- Clock In a Technician at Check Out
- Approve Staff Attendance
- Log Time to Staff Attendance
- Edit staff attendance entries
- Delete a Date from Staff Attendance