The following rules apply when redeeming Book4Time Gift Certificates:
- Gift certificates are redeemable for any product or service and are not restricted to the services selected when the gift certificate was purchased.
- A gift certificate becomes inactive if not fully redeemed the first time. A gift card is issued for the remaining balance.
- Expired gift certificates are treated like cash and can be redeemed for services, products, gift cards or gift certificates.
- When a gift certificate is purchased for a particular service and a guest redeems the certificate for that same service, the guest does not owe nor is owed additional funds if the menu price has changed at the time of redemption.
- When a gift certificate is purchased for a particular service but is redeemed for a different service exceeding the certificate value, the guest must pay the balance based on the menu price. For example, if the service amount on the certificate is $75 and the price of the performed service is $100, the guest owes the balance of $25.
- When a gift certificate is purchased for a particular service but is redeemed for a different service costing less than the certificate value, a gift card is issued to the guest for the balance. For example, if the service amount on the certificate is $100 and the price of the performed service is $75, a gift card will be issued to the guest for the balance of $25.
- When a gift certificate is purchased from a location with different service pricing than the location it is redeemed at, the pricing of the later location is considered.
To redeem a gift certificate:
- Depending on whether it a service or product being redeemed, perform one of the following actions to go to the check out screen:
- If it a service appointment, Check out the guest appointment.
- If it a product, navigate to Front Desk > Point of Sale, add the customer, and then add the product that the guest needs to purchase.
- Click Payment on the Check Out screen.
- Click the GCert radio button.
A Redeem Gift Card window appears.
- Enter the gift certificate number and press Enter.
The gift certificate amount displays on the screen.
- Click Accept.
- If the redemption amount is lesser than the gift certificate amount, an Issue/Voucher window opens to issue a new gift card or transfer the balance to an existing gift card. Complete the following in the window:
- Enter the existing gift card number or a new card number in the Card # field.
- Click Continue.
- In the Authentic User window, enter your User ID and Password to approve the action.
A pop-up appears confirming the action.
- Click Finish on the Payment screen.