The following rules apply when redeeming Book4Time Gift Certificates:
- Gift certificates are redeemable for any product or service and are not restricted to the services selected when the gift certificate was purchased.
- A gift certificate becomes inactive if not fully redeemed at the first time. A gift card is issued for the balance remaining.
- If the gift certificate expires, it is treated like cash and can be redeemed for anything such as services, products, gift cards, or gift certificates.
- If the service used to purchase the gift certificate is lower than the service used to redeem the gift certificate, then the customer needs to pay the difference based on the menu price. For example, if the service on the certificate is $75 and the service price increases to $100, the customer is price protected and no balance is owed to or from the customer.
- If the service used to purchase the gift certificate is higher than the service used to redeem the gift certificate, then a gift card will be issued to the customer for the balance. For example, if the service on the certificate is $100 and the service price decreases to $75, a gift card will be issued to the customer for the balance of $25.
- If a gift certificate was purchased for a location that has different service pricing from the location it is being redeemed at, then the pricing of the later location is considered.
To redeem a gift certificate:
- Depending on whether it a service or product being redeemed, perform one of the following actions to go to the check out screen:
- If it a service appointment, Check out the guest appointment.
- If it a product, navigate to Front Desk > Point of Sale, add the customer, and then add the product that the guest needs to purchase.
- Click Payment on the Check Out screen.
- Click the GCert radio button.
A Redeem Gift Card window appears.
- Enter the gift certificate number and press Enter.
The gift certificate amount displays on the screen.
- Click Accept.
- If the redemption amount is lesser than the gift certificate amount, an Issue/Voucher window opens to issue a new gift card or transfer the balance to an existing gift card. Complete the following in the window:
- Enter the existing gift card number or a new card number in the Card # field.
- Click Continue.
- In the Authentic User window, enter your User ID and Password to approve the action.
A pop-up appears confirming the action.
- Click Finish on the Payment screen.