To begin using Book4Time the first step is to setup the location(s). After setting up the location(s), you will need to create users to access the system.
To setup the location
- From the menu, navigate to Admin > Account Management.
- Click Locations.
- Click Add New Location on the right side of the screen.
- In the location Profile page, complete the following:
- Location name:Enter the location name. The location name appears on various pages displayed to both staff and customers.
- [Optional] Location Code: Enter the location code (if applicable).
- [Optional] Legal Name: Enter the company name that should appear on the credit card consent form.
- Street/City/Town: Enter the location street address and city/town.
- Province/State: Select the province or state.
- Postal Code/ZIP: Enter a postal code or ZIP code.
- Country/Region: Select a country or region from the drop-down list.
- Telephone/Fax: Enter the telephone number and fax number in the designated fields.
- Time Zone: Select the working time zone for the location.
- Locale: Select the locale. The locale is the language for localization.
- Location Type: Select if this is a Spa or Activity location. If the location offers services off-site, select out call.
- [Optional] G To preset on services sold, enter the percentage number in the designated field.
- [Optional] Select the check box to display the credit card options when scheduling individual and group appointments.
- [Optional] Select the checkbox to display the credit card options when scheduling wait list appointments.
- Deposit Percentage: Enter the percentage of deposit you want to collect from guests when they book services online or in the spa. This is useful if you take partial or full prepayment from guests who book services online or in spa.
- [Optional] Booking Disclaimer: Enter the booking disclaimer text. The booking is displayed on the Confirm Appointment window when booking an appointment and also appears beneath the Terms and Conditions section.
- [Optional] Itinerary Disclaimer: Enter the itinerary disclaimer text. The itinerary is displayed on the guests and also appears in emails sent to the customer.
- Reconfirmation Period (hrs): The re-confirmation period is used to remind the spa staff of appointments that need to be re-confirmed.
Enter the number of hours (prior to the appointment) before a reminder needs to be sent to the customer.
- [Optional] Online booking enabled: Select to allow clients to book appointments online for this location. Clear the checkbox if you do not want to accommodate online bookings for the location.
- Use Location Cost: The location cost determines the cost of products (purchase price, not retail price). Select the checkbox, to specify a different product cost for this location. Leave it unchecked to determine the price based on the cost price entered in the product profile is considered (Admin > Product Maintenance >
Note: If this flag is checked but no cost is specified for the location in Product Maintenance, the cost will default to "0".
- Use Average Cost for On Hand Inventory: Select to calculate the cost of ending inventory and the cost of goods sold based on the weighted average cost per unit of inventory.
Important: Ensure that the Use Location Cost checkbox is enabled if you want the average cost price to automatically reflect each time you raise/receive/transfer a PO or sell and process returns. If this setting is not enabled, then the cost price entered in the product profile is considered (Admin > Product Maintenance > Search and select the product name > price entered in the Unit Cost field is used).
Note: You cannot enable this setting if there are negative on-hand inventory amounts for any product. Book4Time recommends that you perform a physical count of inventory to ensure the on-hand quantities are accurate.
Tip: To find out what your IP address is, open an internet browser and search "what is my IP address". A digit will appear (i.e. 12.345.678.90). Enter the IP address in the first field. If the IP address is static then enter "255.255.255.255" in the second field. To find out if you have a static IP address search for your IP address again the next day. If it is the same address as the first day, then it is static. If it is different, then enter "255.255.255.0" in this second field.Note: To override the IP restriction for a specific user group, see Security settings.
nter the IP address restriction to enable access to the system from specific computers only.
- Service Charge Before Discount: Select if you want to calculate service charge before discount at the location.
- Click Continue.
The Operation Hours page opens.
- In the Operation Hours page, enter the Work Hours and deselect the Day the spa is not operating. Click Finish.
- Click the Tax Defaults tab.
All the SKUs setup at the location display. Note that a tax default must be set up for each SKU type listed.
Select the applicable tax group from the Tax Group drop-down list and click Update.
- Click the Register Setup tab to link the computer to the register and to print receipts. Read: How do I add a new Register?
- Click the Tender Setup tab and select the tenders that you accept at your location as a method of payment. Click Save.
Note: To setup a new tender, read: How can I add a new tender?
- Click the Holidays tab to select the days when your location is closed due to a holiday.
Note: You will first need to setup a holiday list from Admin > System Settings > Global Preferences > Holidays.