A user refers to a person using the system. It is important to create an individual user account for each person accessing the system. User IDs are used for auditing transactions, discounts, recording time and attendance activity, and appointments. Each user profile belongs to a predefined user group, and each user group has defined security access that can be customized.
To set up a new user
- From the main menu, navigate to Admin > Account Management.
- Click Users.
- Click Locations to create a user who should have access to one location only. Click the specific location name.
- If the user should have access to more than one location, click Groups, and then click on the user's security group.
- Click Add New User.
- Complete the user profile as follows:
- First name and Last name: Enter the user's first name and last name.
- Password: Enter the
Note: The password is case-sensitive. If using PCI complaint passwords ensure that the password meets the requirements.
in the Password field and re-enter the same password in the Confirm Password field.
- User group: Select the user group.
User groups are used to identify the type of access the user will have to the Book4Time system.
- User Type: There are 2 types of users: (a) Global users, who have access to system settings and other global defaults for all locations and (b) Local users, who can only access location specific system settings and reports. A local user cannot access any System Settings under Admin > System Settings (except for Email Settings which are also permission controlled).
Select the appropriate user type.
- [Optional] Gender: Select the male or female to select the user's gender.
- [Optional] Email: Enter the email address for the user.
Note: If the user forgets the password, the email address is required to send a temporary password to the user's email address.
- [Optional] Home phone / Business phone / Cell phone: Enter the home phone number, business phone number and cell phone number in the designated fields.
- Status: By default, this checkbox is selected. This indicates that the user is active at the location and is available for bookings.
Deselect the checkbox to make the user inactive at the location.
- [Optional] Enter the IP address from which the user is allowed to access the Book4Time system. All other IPs will be restricted.
- [Optional] Staff: Select the technician name from the drop-down list. This enables the technician to access their reports (not other technician's reports) and provides access to the My Calendar view.
Note: You must set up a technician profile for it to appear in the drop-down list. Read: Create a technician profile.
- Click Continue.
The Locations tab opens.
- Select the locations that the user will have access to by clicking the checkboxes () next to each location.
- Click Finish.
- Click the Pin Code tab.
The pin code is used to authorize tasks within Book4Time (this depends on the security access provided to the user). Once generated or created, the user can enter the pin code instead of a login ID and password to authorize various functions such as applying a discount or editing a schedule.
Select one of the following options:
- Generate: Click to create a system generated PIN Code. The pin code number is sent to the user's email address.
- Edit: Click to create a customized PIN Code for the user. You can enter a 4-10 digit PIN Code number. Once created, the user receives an email with the number.
- Click Security to view the default security settings provided to the user. You cannot edit the settings from this tab.
Note that security settings are defined for each role. Based on the role you select for the user, the security settings would apply.
- Click Departments to assign the user to a department. Read: How can I add departments?