The Customer Profile settings under System Settings allow you to configure the mandatory information necessary when creating Customer Profiles in Book4Time.
The settings you choose would apply by default to all new customer profiles. For instance, if it is mandatory to capture the guest's mobile phone number, then the user cannot proceed to create the profile without obtaining this information from the guest.
To edit customer profile settings
- From the main menu, navigate to Admin > System Settings.
- Click Customer Settings and click Customer Profile.
The Preference Setup opens on the right.
- Click Edit at the top-right corner of the page.
- Complete the fields as required:
- Customer Prefix Required: Select if you want to make customer prefix mandatory such as selecting Mr, Ms, or Mrs when creating a customer profile.
- First name required: Select to make the guest's first name mandatory.
- Last name required: Select to make the guest's last name mandatory.
- Gender required: Select to make gender a mandatory selection when creating a profile.
- Email address required: Select to make email mandatory when creating a profile.
- Home / Business / Mobile Phone required: Select all or any of these checkboxes to make the field mandatory when creating a profile.
- Business / Home address required: Select both or any of these checkboxes to make the address field mandatory when creating a profile.
- Referred By Required: Select if you want to mandatory capture the details of how the guest was introduced to your location.
- Birthday Required: Select if capturing the guests birthday is mandatory.
- User Short Field: Use these fields to track any additional information not defaulted in the customer profile fields. For instance you may want to capture the robe size of the guest. In this scenario, you can enter Robe Size in the User Short Field. The Robe Size field would then appear when creating a customer profile.
- Customer Profile Points Threshold: This field is related to the Customer Fields Weight feature which is used to help improve accuracy and completeness of customer profiles. Enter the minimum value of fields. For example, if each field is worth 10 points and the threshold is set to 30, the user will be prompted until 3 of the selected fields are completed. For more information on this feature see Customer fields weight.
- Enable Zip Code Validation: Select to allow the user to enter a zip code or postal code when creating a new profile or editing an existing profile. Users will need to select either Canada, United States or United Kingdom and then enter the zip code or postal code. The system will pre-populate the city and province for Canada; the city and state for the US; or the street and county for the UK into the customer profile. This ensures you save time and enter accurate address information into the customer profile.
- Click Finish.