A location's tax rates may differ depending on the state rules. For example, in the US tax percentages vary according to state. Tax groups and tax types are set up for each location under Preferences > POS Preferences.
This article provides instructions on applying a tax group to a location.
- From the main menu, navigate to Admin > Account Management.
- Expand Locations and click the location name.
- Click the Tax Defaults tab.
All the SKUs setup at the location display. Note that a tax default must be set up for each SKU type listed.
- Click Edit on the SKU row you want to edit.
- Select the tax group applicable to the SKU from the Tax Group drop-down list.
- Click Update.
Repeat steps 4 to 6 for each .