The closing process is the last step in Lead Management. At this stage, the lead has already made a decision. Once a lead is closed, the prospect becomes a customer. You can find their profile by performing a customer search.
Follow these steps to close the lead:
- From the main menu, navigate to Marketing > Lead Management.
The criteria for Lead Management appears.
- Enter the search criteria and click Search.
A list of leads appears based on the search criteria selected. From here, you can print an opportunity report, edit, or delete the lead.
- Click Edit next to the lead.
The Edit Lead page will open.
- Click Convert.
The Convert Lead window opens.
- Select a Closing Reason from the drop-down list. This reason is used to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and investments.
Note: These reasons are customizable. Read: Opportunity close reasons
- The Closing Date defaults to the current date. Select another date from the calendar.
- Select the Closed checkbox next to the opportunity.
- [Optional] To schedule an appointment for this lead, click the Schedule Appointment checkbox.
When converting the lead, the Scheduler automatically opens with the customer's name pre-populated in the appointment cart.
- Click Accept.
The prospect is now a customer.