You must add products to the Book4Time system in order to sell them from the Point-of-Sale (POS). In this article, you will learn how to add products, associate it to products, set up the SKU's, and more.
Step 1: Navigate to the Product Maintenance Area
- From the main menu, navigate to Admin > Product Maintenance.
- Click Add New in the Product Maintenance pane on the left.
Step 2: Complete the Product Profile
- Active: Select the checkbox to make the product available for selection on the Scheduler.
- [Optional] Departments: Select a department for the product from the drop-down list.
Note: Departments are customizable. Read: Manage Product Departments
- [Optional] Brands: Brand refers to the product brand that is used while providing the service. Select the appropriate brand from the drop-down.
Note: Brands are customizable. Read: Create a Brand
- Class: Select the class from the drop-down list.
The class is the first level of product classification and is often used to break down product and service mixes into major categories. For example, Retail and Service.
The Sub-class is the second level of product/service classification and is used to further define inventory into groups. For example Hair Products, Body, Waxes etc.
Select the .
- SKU Type: Select the appropriate SKU type from the drop-down such as product or professional. Read: What are SKU Types?
- SKU Name: Enter the name of the product.
- Ext. Description: Enter a description of the product.
- Retail price: Enter the price at which you want to sell the product to guests. This excludes any tax amounts.
- Unit Cost: Enter the price at which you obtained or purchased the product.
- Bucket: Select the bucket. Read: How to configure the SKU Bucket?
- Commission Rate: Enter the commission percentage employees will receive when the product is sold.
- Points per Dollar: Enter the number of loyalty points given to customers for purchasing this service.
Note: You can also set up this rate for an entire service subclass at once. Read: .
- BOF Code: Refer to your Accounting Department for the BOF Code.
- Click Accept.
Step 3: Select the Locations where the Product is Available
The availability, price and tax group for a product is customizable for each location.
- Click the Location Default tab.
- Select the Stock field checkbox. This ensures that the product is stocked at your location.
- Select the Available at POS checkbox to make the product available for sale in the POS.
- If a different tax group applies to the location, then select it from the Tax Group drop-down.
- If you want to sell the product at a different price at your location, then enter the price in the Retail field. This amount overrides the price entered when creating the product profile.
- Enter the minimum stock quantity for each location in the Min. Level field.
- In the in the Order Qty field enter the quantity of the product that you want to order when it drops below the Min. Level stock quantity provided in step 6 above.
- Click Accept.
[Optional] Step 4: Enter Vendor Details
Here you can set up the vendors who supply the product.
- Click the Vendor SKU's tab.
- In the SKU # field, enter the SKU number of the item to add or click on to search for the product.
If searching for the item, click Select next to the item.
- [Optional] Enter vendor SKU number in the Vendor SKU field.
- [Optional] If this is the to purchase this item from, click the Pref. checkbox ().
- [Optional] If there is a minimum order multiple, enter the number in the MOM field.
MOM stands for Minimum Order Multiple. This means that the product must be ordered in multiples of MOM.
- Click Add.