An add-on service is integrated into a regular service and is booked and performed during a regular service appointment. Example: A Steam Therapy could be an add-on for a Facial Massage. Note that you cannot book it as a standalone appointment and has to always be associated to a main service.
Creating an add-on service includes the following steps:
- Navigate to the Service Management Area
- Complete the Service Profile
- Select the Locations where the Service is Available
- Select Skill Levels to Perform the Service
- Select the Service Equipment and Facilities
- Select the Service Providers and the Commission for the Service
- Select the Services
Step 1: Navigate to the Service Management Area
- From the main menu, navigate to Admin > Service Management.
- Click the Add-Ons > click Add New Service Type at the upper right corner of the screen.
The service Profile page opens on the right.
Step 2: Complete the Service Profile
Complete the profile as follows:
- Active: Select the checkbox to make the service available for selection on the Scheduler.
- Service Type: Select Add-on from the drop-down.
- Service Group: By default the service group selected in step 1 displays. To edit it, click the drop-down and select another service group.
- [Optional] Departments: Select a department for the service from the drop-down list.
Note: Departments are customizable. Read: Manage Product Departments
- [Optional] Brands: Brand refers to the product brand that is used while providing the service. Select the appropriate brand from the drop-down.
Note: Brands are customizable. Read: Create a Brand
- Class: Select the class from the drop-down list.
The Class is the first level of product classification and is often used to break down product and service mixes into major categories. For example, Retail and Service.
The Sub-class is the second level of product/service classification and is used to further define inventory into groups. For example Hair Products, Body, Waxes etc.
Select the .
- Service Name: Enter the name of the service which should appear on the , and Scheduler.
- Service Code: Enter the of the service or leave the field blank for the system to generate an SKU number.
- BOF code: Refer to your Accounting Department for the BOF Code.
- Duration, Pre Time, clean-up time: Enter the duration time, pre time, and clean-up time in the designated fields.
These times are only shown in intervals on the calendar. If there are 0 minutes or 0 hours, enter 0 as the field cannot be blank.
- Process time: Enter the process time. This time is only shown in intervals on the calendar. If there are 0 minutes or 0 hours, enter 0 as the field cannot be blank.
- Price: Enter the price the customer will pay for the service. The price is the price listed when the service is booked and checked out.
You may have a staff specific pricing. If you do, then that price will override the price entered in this field.
- [Optional] Pricing by Duration: Select the checkbox for the system to automatically recalculate the price when the duration is revised during booking.
Example, a deep tissue massage is 90 minutes duration at $90. When the customer calls, they would like a 45 minute deep tissue massage instead. If the duration on the appointment is changed to 45 minutes, the price automatically adjusts to $45.
- Prompt Price Edit on Package/Series or GC Sale: Select the checkbox to prompt the user to enter their credentials when manually editing the price of the package or gift card that includes the services in it.
- [Optional] C
- [Optional] Service Charge Exempt: Select the checkbox if you do not want to include a service charge when checking out or selling this service.
- [Optional] Block Interval: Enter the block interval if it is the same across all locations. The block interval should be the same intervals as set up in the "Scheduler Interval" field setting under Appointment Defaults.
- Points per Dollar: Enter the number of loyalty points given to customers for purchasing this service.
Note: You can also set up this rate for an entire service subclass at once. Read: .
- Allow override duration: There are 2 options to set up customized pricing and duration by a technician. The first is using skill levels where a default price and duration can be set for groups of technicians (i.e. professional, junior, etc.).
The other option is to set up a duration and price for each individual technician. To enable this option, select the Allow override duration checkbox.
- [Optional] Description: Enter a description of the service. This description will show on the Scheduler page.
- [Optional] Remarks: Enter any remarks. The remarks display on the Scheduler page when the user clicks the "question mark (?)" next to the service filter at the top of the calendar and in the appointment window when the service is selected during the time of booking.
- [Optional] Complimentary service: If a complimentary service applies to this service, select it from the Service Group and Service Type drop-down.
When a complimentary service is added to a regular service, a prompt window appears during booking to notify the user that they have an option of booking a complimentary service as well.
Note: The price and duration are respected according to the service setup. If a complimentary service is also listed as a regular service, we recommend that you set up two separate services (one free and the other with the regular service price). Read: How can I set up a complimentary service?
- Click Finish.
Step 3: Select the Locations where the Service is Available
The availability, price and tax group for each service are customizable for each location.
- Click the Location Default tab.
- Click Edit and select the Stock field checkbox. This ensures that the service is stocked at your location.
- If a different tax group applies to the location, then select it from the Tax Group drop-down.
- If you want to sell the service at a different price at your location, then enter the price in the Price field. This amount overrides the price entered when creating the service profile.
- Click Update.
Step 4: Select Skill Levels to Perform the Service
A skill level is useful in managing technician specific overrides on service price and duration. For example, a senior technician may be able to perform a service faster and charge a different price. Skill levels are set up at the company level and associated to applicable technicians in technician set up.
To setup skill specific price and duration:
- Click the Skill Level Setting tab.
If you have created skill levels at your location, you can assign the skill level required to perform the service.
Enter the skill specific price and duration individually for each service and click Add.
Step 5: Select the Service Equipment and Facilities
After you set up equipment and facilities you can link them to services. While scheduling the appointments, the equipment and facility automatically get assigned to the service.
To set this up:
- Click the Resource Settings tab and select the equipment and facility types that are required for the service.
Read: How do I assign equipment to services?
- Click Finish.
Step 6: Select the Service Providers and the Commission for the Service
- Click the Service Profile tab.
Read: Setup Service Providers and Commission for a Service
- Click Save.
Step 7: Select the Services for the Add-On
- Click the Services tab.
- Click the checkbox next to each of the services for which the add-on can be performed. Click Check All under each service group to select all the services within that group.
- Click Save.