This article is specifically for business accounts in regions that use a mix of VAT (tax-inclusive) and non-VAT (tax-exclusive) amounts to calculate taxes.
Since there can be a mix of tax-inclusive and tax-exclusive tax types, you may not want to see all the tax details while taking payments in the POS screen. To accommodate this, you can either enable or disable the subtotal line and/or the tax line in the POS.
To access the settings:
- Navigate to Admin > System Settings.
- Expand POS Settings and click Defaults.
- Select or deselect the checkboxes:
Note: If your account is VAT enabled, then the checkboxes are selected by default.
- Hide subtotal line in POS: Select the checkbox to remove the subtotal line.
- Hide tax line in POS: Select to remove the tax line such as the service charge tax line in the POS.
The following illustration shows how the subtotal and tax lines appear in the POS when the checkboxes are not selected: