Physical counts are used to count and manage inventory. To create a physical count, start by creating a physical count template. Once the template is created, it can be loaded, printed and a physical count can be performed.
To create a physical count template:
- From the main menu, navigate to Inventory > Physical Counts.
- Click the Create New Template link on the left pane.
The physical count template opens.
The Physical Count template is divided into two sections: Inventory Counts Template Information and listing.
- Complete the template as follows:
- Template name: Enter the name of the template.
- Count Cycle: Select the inventory count cycle from the drop-down list. This determines the frequency at which inventory is counted for the specified SKUs in the template.
- [Optional] Description: Enter a description for the template.
- [Optional] Print On-Hand: Click the checkbox to print the system amount of each item.
- [Optional] Print Price: Click the checkbox to print the for each item.
- Count Template Using: Select the appropriate method to include SKU items.
- If you select Vendor & Product Hierarchy, then select the Vendor, Product and Product from the drop-down lists provided. Proceed to the next step.
- If you select Manual, proceed to the next step.
- Click Continue.
If you have selected the Vendor & Product Hierarchy template, then all the SKUs matching the selection criteria would appear. To add more items, proceed to the next step.
- To add an item to the list, enter the SKU # in the search field. If the SKU number is unknown, click the search icon to perform an item search, then click Select next to the item.
The system pre-populates the item description, class, and subclass. Click to save this item to the list.
To remove an item from the list, click next to the item.
- Click Accept once all of the items are entered.
- Click Print to print the template.